- I am grateful for my first Black Friday shopping experience (at least the first one where I got up at 5 am trying and stood in line to get into a store)…and my brand new camera (belated birthday gift purchased with gift cards) that I purchased on said shopping trip. I can now take self-portraits with ease and shoot videos. Woohoo!
- I am grateful for the oyster bed that now lives at my brother’s house. What’s an “oyster bed”? you ask. It’s actually a huge papasan couch that my grandparents purchased while living in Japan many moons ago and currently the “nest” where I’ve been sleeping.
- I am grateful for blow dryers and flat irons.
- I am grateful tennis shoes that have been tied perfectly so that I can just slip them on.
- I am grateful for new perfume and its roll-on form. It is absolutely fantastic.
Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character. We like to be around those who are grateful. They tend to brighten all around them. They make others feel better about themselves. They tend to be more humble, more joyful, more likable.
Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
Yes, Laura. The very same one.
I’m grateful for the coolest new “green” Wal-Mart that recently opened less than two miles from “Casa Mike McFamily”. For example…walk down the frozen food aisle…watch the display lights come on as you approach and dim as you walk away…very cool.Your Thanksgiving spread below looks terrific !
Is that the same oyster bed that has been around forever and was at your Dad’s house before? If so I LOVE THAT THING and I’m glad it’s still alive.
Good for you braving Black Friday. I have NEVER done that, although the deals might make it worth it. Congrats on your new camera! I am very thankful for my hair dryer and flat iron too–air drying is just NOT pretty.Enjoy your visit with your family!