- I am grateful for new traditions…specifically the 5k Justin and I ran this morning. And I have to say, while I don’t love the way I look, it’s not bad for 6:30 am with no makeup.
- I am grateful for yummy, yummy Thanksgiving dinner.
- I am grateful for old traditions…specifically orange rolls.
- I am grateful that my brother also worked at Williams-Sonoma, meaning his kitchen is outfitted as well as (if not better than) my own.
- I am grateful that, even though I have not run since the marathon due to injury and illness, my body complied as I forced it to run 3.1 miles this morning…a little faster than I ever have before.
Forever on Thanksgiving Day, The heart will find the pathway home.
Wilbur D. Nesbit
Stand up, on this Thanksgiving Day, stand upon your feet. Believe in man. Soberly and with clear eyes, believe in your own time and place. There is not, and there never has been a better time, or a better place to live in.
Re the brother’s kitchen outfitted well — this made me think of my husband who can not travel without taking his own kitchen knives with him. He loves to help out when there is cooking to do but can not stand the dull knives he inevitably runs into in guest kitchens. He also travels with his own salt and his very own travel size pepper grinder.
I didn’t run for a full year after my marathon- I tried by my body kept yelling at me to stop the insanity! Good for you to keep going!
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!
Wow! How cool that you got a PR on the 5k. Our bodies are so amazing; once you train them, they just know what to do.
Those orange rolls look so heavenly. Good job on the run!
What a FEAST! I bet it felt good to run before scarfing!
way to go on the 5k! I wish I could have been there running with you…the weather looked great. Also, I want the recipe for those orange rolls….amazing!