Lunch Group is back in action after a three week hiatus. (Robyn, aren’t you excited?) So, here’s my latest. Dianne made it over the summer, but I loved it so much, I wanted it again. (I’m a little behind on postings, but I’ll catch up with the Weight Watchers update-not good-and running). In the meantime, enjoy a great salad. Oh, and the recipe is for two servings…what you see above is a triple batch.
- 6 oz chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (you can also a 6 oz can of chicken)
- ½ cup celery, diced (I sliced it super thin…I’m not a huge celery fan, but I really like it in this salad)
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ c diced green pepper (I went a little easier on the peppers…Dianne forgot to put them in hers and I loved it, so I didn’t want to over power the salad)
- 4 T water chestnuts (I don’t love these either, but they are delicious in this salad)
- 1 c red or green grapes (I chose red for color)
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 4 T fat-free mayonnaise
- ½ c plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 c cooked rice or shell pasta (I am a huge brown rice fan, so that’s what I used).
- ½ t sweetener (I forgot this, but it was fine)
Other recommended seasonings, to taste (didn’t use any):
- 1 t Nice N Spicy or Mrs. Dash
- ½ t Lemon Pepper
- ½ t salt
- ¼ Dill
Mix all ingredients together and adjust seasonings to taste. Salad should be refrigerated 2-3 hours before serving to combine flavors.
this looks super yummy!
Yummy–that looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!
It’s so great to hear from you, and now find your blog, I can’t wait to catch up and your fashion post looks hilarious. I’ll have to put the kids in front of the tv and read all your back posts! I’d love to get in touch with Alicia and see how she’s doing.
Oh I love curry. This look so good and easy to make. I am so excited you are posting these recipes again 🙂