Lunch Group is back in action after a three week hiatus. (Robyn, aren’t you excited?) So, here’s my latest. Dianne made it over the summer, but I loved it so much, I wanted it again. (I’m a little behind on postings, but I’ll catch up with the Weight Watchers update-not good-and running). In the meantime, enjoy a great salad. Oh, and the recipe is for two servings…what you see above is a triple batch.
- 6 oz chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (you can also a 6 oz can of chicken)
- ½ cup celery, diced (I sliced it super thin…I’m not a huge celery fan, but I really like it in this salad)
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ c diced green pepper (I went a little easier on the peppers…Dianne forgot to put them in hers and I loved it, so I didn’t want to over power the salad)
- 4 T water chestnuts (I don’t love these either, but they are delicious in this salad)
- 1 c red or green grapes (I chose red for color)
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 4 T fat-free mayonnaise
- ½ c plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 c cooked rice or shell pasta (I am a huge brown rice fan, so that’s what I used).
- ½ t sweetener (I forgot this, but it was fine)
Other recommended seasonings, to taste (didn’t use any):
- 1 t Nice N Spicy or Mrs. Dash
- ½ t Lemon Pepper
- ½ t salt
- ¼ Dill
Mix all ingredients together and adjust seasonings to taste. Salad should be refrigerated 2-3 hours before serving to combine flavors.