- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, crushed
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 head napa cabbage, shredded (I just used the prepackaged and chopped cole slaw mix…so you add a few carrots to the mix, no big deal)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a medium skillet over low heat brown ramen noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds with melted butter or margarine. Once browned, take off heat and cool.
- In a small saucepan bring vegetable oil, sugar, and vinegar to boil for 1 minute. Cool. Add soy sauce.
- In a large bowl , combine shredded napa cabbage and chopped green onions.
- Add the noodle and soy sauce mixture. Toss to coat. Serve.
Changes provided by Micke.
“Way too fat for our tastes…changed to 1/4 cup oil, 3 tbsp vinegar, 3 tbsp sugar. Didn’t use butter at all, but toasted sesame seeds and almonds in oven at 350 for 7 minutes. Every one raves over this recipe, and it’s a lot healthier, with less juice in bottom of bowl. I also added the flavor pack from the ramen noodles to the dressing and it was to die for. Thanks for the great start though.”