- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 4 oz. can chopped green chiles
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 10 oz package frozen corn
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook until softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and cumin; cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 2 minutes more.
- To the pan, add chiles, beans, tomatoes and their juice, 2 cups water, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, partially covered, until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, puree 2 cups of the stew. Return the puree to the pan (I used a stick blender and just pulsed a little here and there), and add frozen corn; simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
I got this recipe from Jessica at Small Time Cooks. It’s a great blog. Check it out. She recommends serving the stew with cornbread or tortilla chips…I think it would also be great with a little cheese and/or sour cream. It’s also a great alternative to chili for baked potatoes and chili boats. Hopefully, my group likes it as much as I do.
- 6 servings
- 255 calories
- 3 grams fat
- 9 grams fiber
- 12 grams protein
- WW – 5 points
love the step-by-step! I would eat cornbread with that.
oh YUM!!! this looks so good.i’m coming over right now :)ht
you just made me SO hungry. this really looks good. i’m definitely trying this one.ps- i’m out of slacker mode. i posted TWICE today!pps- i can’t believe it’s almost race day! i’m so excited for you.
I’m not a weirdo, but I was at my sis-in-law Lillie’s blog and saw your comment, then I was at my old friend Tim’s blog (Tim & Jen) and saw your comment.When worlds collide.
I haven’t been commenting too much on here, but I’m still looking! This looks tasty! I’m still backlogged on recipes that you’ve done that i have to try!
I was just thinking this morning that soup sounds fabulous for dinner. It must be the time of year.Good luck with your race! I can’t wait to see how you did. Have fun for me :).
This looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing!