We all know that I share A LOT here on the blog. Well, this post might take us to new levels of intimacy…although this is a family blog (as in my family reads it sometimes) so I’m going to speak as a professional.
Once upon a time I was an esthetician full time. Knowing this, people have often asked me about waxing and I get it. I mean, if you’ve never been waxed before (I’m talking bikini wax) it’s got to be a little intimidating to think about having someone all up in your business and then not knowing how to ask for what you want. There are all of these terms (Brazilian, French, American…you can look them all up online, but unless you want to see exactly what each term means, I wouldn’t recommend it).
So, here’s a quick reference guide:
- Bikini (aka American) – basically, this is what will keep you happy in a bathing suit and nothing more
- Brazilian – this is the whole shebang (nothing left…and I mean nothing from front to back)
- French – this is a happy medium
- No razor burn and way few ingrown hairs
- Long lasting results (three weeks!)
- As someone who runs/exercises, there is no comparison
- You just can’t get everywhere with a razor you can with wax
- It is way less painful (in my opinion) than the razor burn that is sure to follow shaving for me