I will have:
- driven to St. George with Anne.
- eaten one lasagna dinner provided by Anne’s mom (thanks for the invite).
- slept at least 6 hours (this may be wishful thinking).
- donned my running gear, including my BFF, SportShield.
- pulled my hair into my favorite workout style of late, pigtails. Nothing like a soon-to-be 30-year-old in pigtails.
- ridden a bus about, oh, 26.2 miles.
- stood in the freezing cold for a little under 2 hours waiting to start.
- probably thrown up from nerves.
- run at least 10 miles.
- have about 16 miles to go.
- maybe a blister or two.
- listened to a number of fantastic songs.
- thought, “Really? A good idea? 26.2 miles?”
And now I have to ask, aren’t you sad you’re not me? Or maybe I’m the one who’s sad to not be you. Yes, that’s sounds right.
You know you are all excited for my recap which I have a feeling will be brought to you by “Dear You”, inspired, of course, by the St. George Marathon.