Happy Birthday to me!!! I’m officially old. It’s true. But I’m happy and healthy, less poor than I was a week ago (I started a new job-that’s my ID picture), happily not married and almost wanting to date again. I would say that this year has been a success.
I have definitely learned a lot, and I can honestly say that I am finally grateful for the trials I experienced over the last year. Hopefully this next one will not be quite so turbulent or traumatic.
My friend sent me this great email for the month of November with the subject: Attitude of Gratitude Challenge. What you are supposed to do is send out an email each day for the month of November listing three “things” for which you are grateful, except during the week of Thanksgiving, when you need to list five for each day. I haven’t been doing it (I haven’t had time or access to my Yahoo! for long enough to do it), but I thought I would make a list here to start:
1. I am grateful for a dad who let me move home when I had no where else to go.
2. I am grateful for a dad who happens to own a house with a studio apartment over the garage so I don’t feel like a complete loser.
3. I am grateful for friends who like Indian food, since no one in my family does.
4. I am grateful for nieces and nephews.
5. I am grateful for bras that fit. (For those of you who are men and not married, just trust me.)
6. I am grateful for made up words and the laughter that follows.
7. I am grateful for my healthy body.
8. I am grateful that I’m a girl and as such, new shoes really can cheer me up.
9. I am thankful that I know God exists and that He knows me personally.
10. I am thankful that I have a love of reading.
11. I am grateful for pillow-top mattresses, flannel sheets and down comforters.
12. I am thankful for my friends. Some are old, some are new, but all add value to my life and make me happy.
Now I’m caught up and can start the emails tomorrow.
And the only other thing I want to share today is this…
(for a definition/explanation, please go to the link “cryptic words meander”)